Interested in learning more about fundraising with some practical and super-engaging online courses? Each one features easy-to-follow, warm and humorous content with podcasts, video and interaction with other students.*
Contact me to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Essentials of Fundraising course is a great place to start for board members, Executive Directors, and fundraisers with less than 5 years’ experience. I cover a broad range of topics and issues to give you an excellent overview of fundraising:
- Ethics, statistics and issues in the non-profit sector
- How to find, research, ask and take care of donors
- Best practices for the most common fundraising channels, including direct mail, events, grant-writing, major gifts, planned giving and online/digital.
- How to get started or get ahead in your non-profit career.
Video overview: https://youtu.be/lU0LiZM7Xu0
Check course availability here: https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fund1215
Major Gifts & Capital Campaigns is a course to get your fundraising to the next level. This very practical course covers everything you need to start a major gifts program and run a capital campaign from scratch, for an organization of any size. Here’s what I cover:
- How to identify, cultivate, and steward major gift donors
- Information on research, creating a gift chart, writing a case for support, working with leadership volunteers and more
- Donor motivation, creating donor-centric proposals and how to ask for a major gift
- How to determine whether you’re ready to run a capital campaign, how to execute it, and how to overcome typical problems and delays.
Video overview: https://youtu.be/f86P5yMWk2o
Check course availability here: https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fund2315
Planned Giving is the best type of fundraising for securing long-term revenue for your charity. With the inter-generational transfer of wealth happening now, and continuing over the next decade or so, it is important (and easy!) to develop a planned giving program at your organization. Here’s what the course covers:
- How to start a program from scratch, for an organization of any size
- How to identify potential planned giving donors and how to market and promote your program
- Different planned giving vehicles and how to ask for them, with an emphasis on what you need to know about bequests
- How to track your progress, steward your donors, and handle the administration of these gifts.
Video overview: https://youtu.be/hi0MjYPggac
Check course availability here: https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fund3218
* Wondering about online courses? Here’s what my students say:
“This is my first time taking an online course and I’m really impressed with how interactive the format feels even though none of it is done “live.” The amount of time you’ve dedicated to creating videos, podcasts and constant contact is evident and it does make the course much more engaging (certainly more than I was expecting!)” – Surina
“Thank you for your time and guidance through this course. It was a great introductory course to fundraising. I really liked how you incorporated video and audio blogs. I had never experienced that through an online course before this one. It felt engaging and it’s nice to see an online prof ‘live’!” – Melody
“I remember taking this course many years ago, which turned out to be a pivotal moment in my fundraising career. Thank you for continuing to share your knowledge and experience with aspiring fundraisers.” – Kristina